Facing A DUI Or Traffic Charge?
A traffic violation or DUI charge may not seem like a significant problem, but there can still be long-lasting consequences. In Illinois, drunk driving charges and traffic violations cause points to accumulate on your license. If enough points accumulate in a given year, your license may be suspended, leaving you unable to get to or even perform your job. Any conviction or just paying the fine can also make future charges harder to defend. You never know the future, and a single offense today can jeopardize potential defenses tomorrow. You need to have a skilled attorney at your side to help you defend your rights.
At the Law Offices of Douglas E. Zeit, P.C., our lawyers have been defending Illinois motorists for more than 40 years. We know what it takes to review every detail of your unique case because we are a team of former prosecutors. We know how the other side will interpret the law and what damaging evidence they may present against you. We will use our skills as former prosecutors and as current defenders to help secure the best results possible based on your facts. We do not settle for less in your defense, and neither should you.
Experienced With A Wide Range Of Traffic And DUI Charges
Traffic violations are more than just speeding violations or parking tickets. We can help you take on even the most challenging situations, including:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% is illegal in Illinois and can result in a DUI charge. Multiple DUI charges and convictions can add up, creating further problems and worsening consequences in the future.
- Aggravated DUI – A more extreme form of a DUI that involves factors such as driving without a license, with a child in the car or having multiple prior DUI charges.
- Driving on a revoked license – Choosing to drive even though the police revoked your license can result in much more severe consequences.
- Summary suspension hearings – After a court suspends your license, you have the opportunity to contest the decision. We can help you build your strongest possible strategy to earn your license.
- Reckless driving resulting in homicide – When reckless driving results in loss of life, we can help you avoid the worst consequences that come from the accident.
We take the time to identify the specific factors of your case to determine the most productive options available for your defense. We work every angle to keep your record – and your license – as clean as possible from traffic and DUI charges.
Contact Us Today
Losing your license can create a significant hardship and jeopardize your ability to work or gain employment. We provide aggressive representation for DUI and traffic charges. Contact our offices in Waukegan and Chicago by calling 847-852-7875 or with our convenient online form to schedule your initial consultation today.